Review sessions for the Algebra EOC retakes will be after school on Tuesday September 2, Wednesday September 3, Thursday September 4, Monday September 8, Wednesday September 10, and Thursday September 11. We will begin promptly at 3:05 pm and work until 4:20 pm. The locations for the sessions are listed below:
Please partner with us and encourage your student to attend these sessions if they are scheduled to take the Algebra EOC retake on 9/15. It is imperative for your student to receive as much preparation for this exam as possible. If you have any questions regarding the Algebra I EOC review feel free to contact us.
ATTENTION Students and Parents the PSAT will be administered at Cypress Bay High School on Wednesday, October 15th, 2014 during the school day. ALL Cypress Bay 10th grade students will not be charged for taking the PSAT. ANY Cypress Bay 11th grade student that wishes to take the PSAT should pay $14.00 online @online payments to take the PSAT on Wednesday, October 15th at Cypress Bay. The money collection will take place ONLY from Monday, September 15th to Friday, October 3rd, 2014.
Once the 11th grade student has paid the $14.00 online to take the PSAT please print a copy of his/her receipt. Then, bring the receipt copy to the Testing Center in Guidance (See Mrs. Fox) during the students LUNCHTIME ONLY to receive a practice PSAT booklet.
If the student is in 10th grade a practice PSAT booklet will be distributed during his/her English class.
- An 8-month program that meets once a month for a daylong session.
- Sessions are held on-site at various location where city services are provided: City Hall, Police Station, Fire Station, Community Center, City Planning & Engineering firm (Calvin, Giordano & Associates) with field observation of operations and infrastructure via field trips.
- Through instruction, open conversations, observations, demonstrations and actual experiences, students are exposed to and educated on the details involved in running municipal departments on a day-to-day basis.
- Students are taught about state and local government by those elected to run it.
- Students learn problem-solving procedures used by city government, recognize the positions taken by city officials and the reasons behind those positions.
- Students participate in a City Commission simulation after having gained the knowledge necessary to present and defend both sides of the agenda issues.
- Upon successful completion of the program, students graduate and are honored at a City Commission meeting.
- Further information can be obtained by going to: http://www.westonfl.org/Departments/Communications/YouthInGovernment.aspx
» Continue reading “Weston University“
The procedures for high school volunteers at Falcon Cove have changed. Moving forward the following are the new procedures.
****High school students interested in volunteering should email the teacher they would like to assist and see if the teacher would be interested in having a high school volunteer.****
• Teachers will submit the name, email address and cell phone number of no more than two students that they would like to assist them in their classroom.
• The student(s) will a receive an email from Falcon Cove inviting them to an orientation meeting for volunteers.
• The student will attend the orientation.
• At orientation, the student will receive a volunteer id that will have their name, high school volunteer, and the name of the teacher they will be assisting.
• The student will then present the id and carry it with them any time they volunteer.
• If they do not have the id, then they can’t volunteer. (The will be able to purchase a replacement for lost id if that situation occurs.)
Pre-order your 2014-2015 yearbook for the lowest price of the year! This limited time offer, of $70, is available until September 30th.
Pre-order your yearbook today!